What is Hydromulching ?
Hydromulching and hydroseeding are the terms terminologically expressing the same action and the names given to the process of planting vegetable seeds with an aqueous mixture (also called “slurry”) formed in a tank.
Hydroseeding, first emerged in the1940s with the idea of spraying a mixture that could form a vegetative cover to prevent erosion in the areas on the sides of highways in America. Later, its usage areas and technology have improved considerably. Hydromulching is the spraying of a water-based slurry, consisting of a combination of seeds, mulch, fertilizer and other materials needed by the soil, to the application area.
Hydroseeding mulches consists a simpler fibrous material while the fibrous material used in hydromulching mulches, has gone through different processes during the production phase to provide superior properties such as higher water holding capacity. Bio degradability times in nature are longer (18 months and above) in Hydromulching mulches, so erosion control is superior. Compared to the Hydroseeding application, Hydromulching can be applied on steeper slopes, on soils with poor physical and chemical properties.
It can be applied in various transportation projects, mine sites, quarries, solid waste storage areas, sports fields that requires special application, natural areas that have been degraded by various effects. The pH and salinity of the water used in the mixture should be clean and suitable for irrigation.
There is also a binder (stabilizer, adhesive) in the mixture, which increases the viscosity, allowing it to be sprayed to a greater distance, keeping the slurry homogeneous and better adhering to the soil surface. * You can see the soil stabilizer among our products.
Another substance in the mixture is a soil conditioner that accelerates germination and strengthens root development. * You can see the soil conditioner among our products.
Hydromulching mixtures has 3 main roles;
- Prevents erosion for 18-24 months from the moment of application. It absorbs the splash effect of raindrops and prevents seed flow in sudden rainfalls with the effect of surface flow.
- Its water holding capacity is very high and also its physical structure allows soil to breath and yet sweat. It keeps humidity at the highest level by reducing evaporation.
- It can be applied on curved and indented soil surfaces and covers the surface completely. It shows kind of a flexible feature.
Benefits of Hydromulching application;
- Hydromulching saves you money and time. The fact that it can be applied quickly and with less personnel saves up to 75% compared to other alternatives.
- It can be used for various purposes in different sectors such as erosion control, agriculture, airports, sports complexes, landscape companies, national and urban parks, railways and highways, mining sites, quarries, energy transmission projects.
- Hydromulching improves quality. It allows you to get superior quality results as it allows the roots of germinated seeds to be buried in the soil earlier and deeper than other methods.
- Hydromulching offers variety. It allows you to choose seed varieties that are suitable for the climate and natural species of the region to be treated or suitable for the purpose of the application.
- Hydromulching reduces water consumption. There is no irrigation process as a preliminary preparation to create a green area with Hydromulching. Water is used only once during the application.
- Allows you to easily reach difficult areas and long distances.
- It is an effective application for erosion control and stops surface soil erosion from the moment of application.